Need help with this crazy printer

Blackrose

V.I.P. Member
I connected and used this hp deskjet 1010 printer yesterday. Worked great and printed properly. I disconnected it and put it away and now that I'm trying use it again the power light is blinking like crazy and nothing is printing. I cleaned all the rollers and cartridges and even ensured there is nothing blocking anywhere but still nothing. ..thix thing is driving me crazy .Any suggestions @angel @Star_Of_Hope @ace @MadaraUchiha @BurnsyCEO @sase @claraviolet

hire an exorcist.

I'm joking, I'd be able to help if i was there but if i can't see the issue happening i can't figure out what's wrong sorry.

My best guess though:

The drives are out-dated or corrupt:

Solution 1-(If windows 10) Open Settings Go to "Devices" on the left hand side choose "Printers and scanners" if it's there click on it and click "Manage" then try "Run the troubleshooter" 

Solution 2-(if windows 10) open start (windows key or clicking it whatever you like) Search "Device manager" Should be only one option choose that under "Print queues" check if it appears there if it does "Right click and update driver" 

Solution 3-(if windows 10) depending on what light is blinking on the printer the connection to the PC may have been changed (EX: Turning off your router or power outage etc. Something that'd change the IP) if this is the case it's the easiest to solve, Re-connect the printer. especially if it's wireless, just delete the old Wireless settings and re-enter it. even if it's the EXACT same information.

Solution 4- Call HP support. If you have a damaged printer they'll see if you got warranty if you do you send that one back and get a replacement

lol an exotcist might be just the thing lol
I'm using a chromebook.
Do you think it could have something to do with the plug being from a different voltage printer?
what I can't understand is it worked perfectly yesterday
:noway3:

blackrose said:
lol an exotcist might be just the thing lol
I'm using a chromebook.
Do you think it could have something to do with the plug being from a different voltage printer?
what I can't understand is it worked perfectly yesterday
:noway3:

shouldn't be a power issue, all electronics have a sort of safty switch built in if too much power comes in it'll shut down

is it a wired or wireless printer? I know a wireless can be both but then it's going from 2 connections too frequently

Ace said:
shouldn't be a power issue, all electronics have a sort of safty switch built in if too much power comes in it'll shut down

is it a wired or wireless printer? I know a wireless can be both but then it's going from 2 connections too frequently

clara might know something.
i ask her for help when i couldn't get something to work but it could take you some time before she responds

Hmm..... Well I am not so sure what went wrong.

Long press the power button until everything turns off and then switch it on normally. 

Then update the drivers like others suggested and make sure to check the cartridges and paper. Sometimes paper might get stuck so look for any stay papers and then try to print stuff again.

Demon_skeith said:
Google is your friend:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03733572

Sounds like you have something open or the paper isn't sitting right on the printer. The guide above should fix it but unplug it, replug, make sure everything is tight and seated securely and reinstall the driver should make it go away.

Literally this. Google has the answer to anything even the most specific unique problems, there is probably someone out there who has had the same problem and found a solution. People always think I'm some computer genius when I help them but I always google everything.

Angel said:
clara might know something.
i ask her for help when i couldn't get something to work but it could take you some time before she responds

I tagged her but no reply yet

Demon_skeith said:
Google is your friend:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03733572

Sounds like you have something open or the paper isn't sitting right on the printer. The guide above should fix it but unplug it, replug, make sure everything is tight and seated securely and reinstall the driver should make it go away.

tried that but nothing
thanks for the help though

MadaraUchiha said:
Either the drivers are out of date or your cartridge has dried up or something is getting blocked.

No matter how long i press the power button it doesn't come of..i have to pull the plug
my chromebook doesn't support drivers and I have checked all that stuff
I'm losing my mind...my aunt sent me this thing and it was working ..what i don't get is how it all of a sudden doesn't work anymore
:cry: :what1:

@risk @sase and @demon_skeith google is not my friend..I have scoured every inch of it and still have not found anything helpful. Man I'm fed up now..sighss
:cry: :stress2:

Nameless said:
Not much help I can give man.
Do you have the model number or anything else we could use?

Thanks anyway hun
I tried to search the model but still nothing :lost:

MadaraUchiha said:
Well then you need to call HP Support or contact the place you bought it from.

I got it from my cousin...he is no help either sighs
thanks for trying though :)

blackrose said:
@risk @sase and @demon_skeith google is not my friend..I have scoured every inch of it and still have not found anything helpful. Man I'm fed up now..sighss
:cry: :stress2:

Thanks anyway hun
I tried to search the model but still nothing :lost:

I got it from my cousin...he is no help either sighs
thanks for trying though :)

No not your cousin I'm talking about the company. They'll help you if you contact them.

MadaraUchiha said:
No not your cousin I'm talking about the company. They'll help you if you contact them.

I tried but in order to get to their support page they want your warranty code and stuff..i don't have that

blackrose said:
I tried but in order to get to their support page they want your warranty code and stuff..i don't have that

That's officially. If you are ready to pay some amount, you can contact a technician from them, or anyone from an electronics hub where you live who deal with printers.

MadaraUchiha said:
That's officially. If you are ready to pay some amount, you can contact a technician from them, or anyone from an electronics hub where you live who deal with printers.

Give us the exact model information, blackrose.
We might be able to get some information for you, I do think there is a hp toll free number.
800-474-6836
Use that number and you might get some real live help

Back